That's a sad statement, right?

On January 21st it will have been a year since the Citizens United case was decided. One year since corporations were granted more rights than individuals. When the case was initially decided I agreed with the decision...but within a few days I changed my mind. After I read the case brief and sat on the fact that I, as a citizen and voter, should have MORE rights than a corporation, I realized what bad law Citizens United is.

A year later, Movement for the People has made a PSA that gets right to the heart of this matter. Check it out here. Its a hilarious video but also sadly accurate. Corporations don't get to vote in elections so why should they get unlimited opportunity to shape how they turn out?

What do you think of the Supreme Court's decision in Citizens United? Should corporations enjoy virtually no limit on campaign spending while you and I are limited?
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment