Airlines canceled thousands of flights for a second day and started collecting as a historic snowstorm pushed through the Midwest and Northeast on Wednesday.

For many travelers, that meant packing patience and wait for conditions to improve.

"It 's been horrible," said Shannen Park, which was en route to Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota, when he got stuck in O'Hare airport in Chicago. It 'been there for two days.


"People treat me like [I'm] the homeless. There was a guy who gave me food ... I slept again, but I did not really sleep. It's not nice."

Wei Min Zhang traveled to China in Knoxville, Tennessee, when bad weather interrupted his trip to O'Hare. I wanted to find a hotel room, but there were no vacancies. He tried to sleep on the seats in the baggage hall.

"I hope I can leave today, but [there is] nothing I can do about it," he said.

Travelers can sit at the airport for a little longer.

O'Hare International - where more than 19 inches of snow fell this day - should have little or no flight operations Wednesday, said Gregg Cunningham, a spokesman for the Chicago Department of Aviation. More than 2,200 flights were canceled.
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment